Monday, February 20, 2012

A quick message

Hi guys, today we are in Stratford Upon Avon, home of William Shakespeare. We arrived last evening after three nights in London. We walked around this 14th century village last night, and saw very old shops, houses and taverns, including William Shakespeare's birthplace. We ate dinner at a local pub that has been serving food and beer since 1594. I had hoped to post some pictures of Vietnam, Bangkok and London, our last three stops, but the hotel computer has a virus so I couldn't use it to upload pictures. I'll have to catch up with you later. So far England has been amazing. aside from seeing the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye and many other attractions, we managed to sneak in a visit to J.K. Rowling's inspiration for Daigon Alley in Harry Potter. We also had a fun dinner with my new in-laws Haresh and Gomathy ( we call her Gomy) at the National Portrait Gallery Restaurant in Trafalgar Square. However, I was a little jet lagged and almost fell asleep on my chicken dinner. I have to thank Gomy for recommending that I try the Sticky Toffee Pudding. It was delish... We have one last night in Oxford and then we are heading home I really hate to leave because I've seen so much, but do miss my dog, Sam and cat, Martha. I'm not sure that I'll have time to post again, but will cathch up with you at home with more pics and stories. Talk to you later.
CC

1 comment:

  1. Hi CC,
    It's Lissy from school again. I can't wait to see you this week!:) Be ready to have valentine's and candy on your desk!
    TTYL :)
    Lissy

    ReplyDelete